Friday 10 February 2017

Stats and Records Are Held In Day 2 Of Ind vs Ban Test Match

In todays innings some records are held by the indian players like Captain Virat Kohli and wicket keeper Wridhiman Saha in bangladesh test.



When Virat Kohli reaches his double century he became the first player to score 200s in four successive series. He is also the third player to score three 200s in a season after Don Bradman in 1930 and Rahul Dravid in 2003/04 season.

When Virat Kohli ends his marvellous innings he scored 1168 runs in 15 innings in 2016/17 season is the most by a player in a home season going past Virender Sehwag who scored 1105 in 2004/05 season.

Wriddhiman Saha became the first Indian wicket keeper to score a century at home as well as outside Asia. No other indian wicket keeper batsman achieve this feat before this.

India became the first team in history to score 600+ in three consecutive Tests and they did it in three successive innings(631 vs Eng in 4th test, 759/7d vs Eng in 5th test, 687/6d vs Ban now) 

687/6 dec is the fifth highest total for India & second highest by any team against Bangladesh after 730 for six dec by Sri Lanka in Mirpur in 2014.

At the end of the day 2 Wriddhiman Saha said,"  My confidence is high after the Irani trophy. My coach and captain asked me to keep playing my natural game. I was also lucky enough to get a chance first up after the keeper (Mushfiqur) missed out on the chance. In the Irani final, Pujara was batting at the other end and there was no scope of him getting out there." 

He added," I tried to play positive because they were bowling fuller lengths and it worked out well. When I came out to bat there was no thought of the declaration and in the last half an hour when we got the message Jaddu and me went after it. I honestly did not hear the nick on the catch that I took. I was in a good position to take the catch and that is the reason I was able to take it well. I think if we just carry on tomorrow the way we did today and bowl in tight lines, we should be able to restrict them to a low score."

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO GET MORE UPDATES:
https://www.facebook.com/greenlantern01/

No comments:

Post a Comment